- The act of accusing or charging with a crime or with a lighter offense.
- We come not by the way of / To taint that honor every good tongue blesses. - Shakespeare, Henry VIII, III-i
- That of which one is accused; the charge of an offense or crime, or the declaration containing the charge.
- They set up over his head his - Matthew 27:37
- A declaration of fault or blame against another.
Etymology: (term, acusation, lang=fro) (French (term, accusation, lang=fr)), (term, accusatio, lang=la), from (term, accusare, lang=la). See (term, accuse).
- German: Anklage
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for accusation for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.