- A small, portable, keyed wind instrument, whose tones are generated by play of the wind from a squeezed bellows upon free metallic reeds.
- A disreputable that had a leak somewhere and breathed louder than it squawked. "w:Mark Twain, Mark Twain, Innocents Abroad
- an musical instrument, instrument in harmony with the sentiments of an assassin. " w:Ambrose Bierce, Ambrose Bierce, Devil"s Dictionary
- Dutch: accordeon , harmonica
- French: accordéon
- German: Akkordeon
- Italian: fisarmonica
- Spanish: acordeón
- pleat, Pleated.
Etymology: From mid nineteenth-century German Akkordion based on Italian accordare (to tune). <small>SEE</small> accord.
- An underskirt of blue silk moirette. "James Joyce, Ulysses
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for accordion for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.