- A property which is not essential; a nonessential; anything happening accidentally.
- Fuller " He conceived it just that accidentals ... should sink with the substance of the accusation.
- (context, in plural, painting) Those fortuitous effects produced by luminous rays falling on certain objects so that some parts stand forth in abnormal brightness and other parts are cast into a deep shadow.
- (music) A sharp, flat, or natural, occurring not at the commencement of a piece of music as the signature, but before a particular note.
- happening, Happening by chance, or unexpectedly; taking place not according to the usual course of things; casual; fortuitous
Etymology: Compare French accidentel, earlier accidental.
- an visit
- nonessential, Nonessential; not necessary belonging; incidental
- are accidental to a play
- (music) Foreign to the key signature or a proper harmony.
- unintentional; by accident
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for accidental for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.