verb (acced, ing)
- (intransitive) (obsolete) To approach; to arrive; to come forward.
- (transitive) To enter upon an office or dignity; to attain.
- (transitive) To give one's adhesion; to join a group; to become part of a country etc.
- (transitive) To agree or assent to a proposal or a view.
Etymology: From Latin accedere "to approach", "to accede", formed from ad- + cedere "to move", "to yield": compare French accéder. See cede.
- Dutch: toestemmen, aanvaarden, inwilligen
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for accede for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.