adjective ((compar): more abusive, (superl): most abusive)
- Wrongly used; perverted; misapplied.
Translations: Etymology: See French. abusif, from Latin abusivus
- I am ... necessitated to use the word Parliament improperly, according to the acceptation thereof. - Fuller
- (archaic) Given to misusing; also, full of abuses.
- The prerogatives of his see. - Hallam
- Practicing abuse; prone to ill treat by coarse, insulting words or by other ill usage; as, an author; an fellow.
- Containing abuse, or serving as the instrument of abuse; vituperative; reproachful; scurrilous.
- An lampoon. - Johnson
- (obsolete) Tending to deceive; fraudulent; cheating.
- An treaty. - Bacon
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for abusive for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.