- An abrupt turn to face the opposite direction; often used metaphorically.
verb (about-faces, about-facing, about-faced, about faced)
- The soldier did an and marched off.
- When Luke heard the news, he did an abrupt on the policy.
- To turn 180 degrees to face the opposite direction; often used metaphorically.
- The soldiers would about-face immediately the order was given.
- A politician will at the drop of a hat if he thinks there are votes in it.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for about-face for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.