- (obsolete) Act of waiting; delay.
- And with her fled away without . - Spenser
- Stay or continuance in a place; sojourn.
- He waxeth at your here. - Fielding
- (slightly dated) Place of continuance, or where one dwells; abiding place; residence; a dwelling; a habitation.
- Come, let me lead you to our poor . - Wordsworth
- Dutch: woonst, verblijf
- French: demeure
- German: Bleibe
- (past of, abide)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for abode for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.