- A person or object that is not normal.
- Not conforming to rule or system; deviating from the type; anomalous; irregular.
- The doctor said the chest X-ray showed nothing and that I"d be okay.
- Of or pertaining to behaviour that deviates from norms of social propriety or accepted standards of mental health.
- (informal) Odd, strange.
Etymology: A replacement for the earlier (term, anormal), from (term, anormal, lang=fr), (term, anormalus, lang=la) for (term, anomalus). Confused with (term, abnormis). See anomalous, abnormous, anormal.
- Dutch: (t, nl, abnormaal)
- German: ungewí¶hnlich, abnormal, unnormal
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for abnormal for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.