- (on a letter), Saint Anthony Guard (or Guide).
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for SAG for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
verb (sagg, ing)
- State of sinking or bending; sagging.
- The difference in elevation of a wire, cable, chain or rope suspended between two consecutive points.
- To sink, in the middle, by its weight or under applied pressure, below a horizontal line or plane; as, a line or cable supported by its ends sags, though tightly drawn; the floor of a room sags; hence, to lean, give way, or settle from a vertical position; as, a building may sag one way or another; a door sags on its hinges.
- (figurative) To lose firmness, elasticity, vigor, or a thriving state; to sink; to droop; to flag; to bend; to yield, as the mind or spirits, under the pressure of care, trouble, doubt, or the like; to be unsettled or unbalanced.
- To loiter in walking; to idle along; to drag or droop heavily.
- (transitive) To cause to bend or give way; to load.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sag for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.