- Person from India.
- Individual of, or related to, the aboriginal people of the Americas, before the arrival of Europeans. Also: Amerindian, Native American.
- (obsolete) An Australian Aborigine.
- (obsolete) A Maori.
- An Indian meal.
- We're going out tonight for an .
- Dutch: Indiaan , Indiaanse
- French: Indien , Indienne
- German: Indianer , Indianerin
- Italian: indiano , indiano, indiana , indiano d'America, amerindio , amerindio, amerindia
- Spanish: indio
- Of or pertaining to India or its people.
- Of, or related to, the aboriginal people of the Americas, the people who lived in the Americas before the Europeans came, as well as the descendants of such people.
Etymology: Derived from (term, India).
- Dutch: Indiaans
- French: indien indienne
- German: indianisch
- Italian: indiano , indiano, indiana
- Spanish: Indígena, indio
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Indian for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.