Etymology: 1398 O.Fr. castor, < Latin, L. castor "beaver" < Greek, Gk. (Kastor) "he who excels".
- (greekmyth): One of the Dioscuri
- (star): A double star in the constellation Gemini; alpha (Î±) Geminorum.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Castor for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Translations: Etymology: From "beaver"
- a pivoting roller attached to the bottom of furniture to allow it to be moved
- a hat made from the fur of the beaver
- a caster; a container with perforated cap for sprinkling (e.g. pepper-castor)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for castor for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.