- an English occupational name for a steward or official
- an English topographic surname from someone who lived by a bailey (the outer wall of a castle)
- (given name, male) derived from the surname.
- (mostly U.S:)(given name, female)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Bailey for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
- The outer wall of a feudal castle.
- The space immediately within the outer wall of a castle or fortress.
- A prison or court of justice; -- used in certain proper names; as, the Old Bailey in London; the New Bailey in Manchester.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for bailey for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.