noun (plural: basics)
- A necessary commodity, a staple requirement.
- Rice is a for many Asian villagers.
- An elementary building block, e.g. a fundamental piece of knowledge.
- Arithmetic is a for the study of mathematics.
- necessary, essential for life or some process.
- Flour is a ingredient of bread.
- elementary, simple, fundamental, merely functional.
- The Hotel Sparta's accommodation is purely .
- (chemistry) Of or pertaining to a base; antonym of acidic
Etymology: base + -ic
- Italian: basico
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for basic for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.