- Any of the large parrots from the genus Amazona.
- (Greek mythology) a member of a mythical race of female warriors inhabiting the Black Sea area
- a female warrior
- relating to the area around the Amazon River in South America (e.g., the Amazon Basin, the Amazon Rainforest); or referring to the river itself, The Amazon
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Amazon for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
- A tall, strong, athletic woman.
- Although the evidence for real Amazons is thin, many women athletes are called amazons.
- (of a woman) very tall, strong and athletic.
- Women's Tennis champions Wikipedia:Maria Sharapova, Maria Sharapova and Wikipedia:Venus Williams, Venus Williams are noted for their amazon physiques.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for amazon for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.