- A Cushitic language spoken in Ethiopia, Eritrea and Djibouti.
- The people speaking this language and residing in these regions.
- A region in Ethiopia.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Afar for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
- At, to, or from a great distance; far away; — often used with from preceding, or off following; as, he was seen from afar; I saw him afar off.
Etymology: Pref. a- (for on or of) + far.
- 2005, w:Parmenides, Parmenides, On nature. In: w:Plato, Plato, Sophist. Translation by Lesley Brown. w:Stephanus pagination, 237b.
- : And you, from this way of enquiry, must keep your thought .
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for afar for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.