verb (abl, ing)
- (transitive) (obsolete) To make capable; to enable; to strengthen.
- (transitive) (obsolete) To vouch for.
adjective (abl, er)
- I"ll "em. — Shakespeare, King Lear, IV-vi
- (dated) healthy, Healthy.
- After the past week of forced marches, only half the men are fully .
- Not prevented from; permitted to; having the power or capacity to.
- With that obstacle removed, I am now to proceed with my plan.
- I"m only to visit you when I have other work here.
- I"ll see you as soon as I"m .
- skillful, Skillful.
- The chairman was also an sailor.
- Legally qualified or competent.
- In most states, such a person is not to inherit property.
- a thin piece of foldable and gummed paper for writing a letter for transit via airmail
- A prefix appended to a telephone number indicating the geographical area.