- A product; the quantity of something produced
verb (yields, yielding, yielded, yielded or rarely yolden)
- Zucchini plants always seem to produce a high of fruit.
- To give way; to allow another to pass first
Etymology: Via , from Äieldan
- Yield the right of way to pedestrians.
- To give as required; to surrender, relinquish or capitulate.
- They refuse to to the enemy.
- To produce as return, as from an investment
- Historically, that security yields a high return.
- The current return as a percentage of the price of a stock or bond.
- To produce as a result.
- Completing the mathematics correctly yields a result of five.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for yield for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of yield