- (uncountable) A forested or wooded area, most often used in the plural: "he got lost in the woods beyond Seattle".
- (uncountable) The substance making up the central part of the trunk and branches of a tree. Used as a material for construction, to manufacture various items, etc. or as fuel.
- (countable) As the previous but referring to a particular wood, i.e. a wood that is recognized as such in the trade. "Teak is much used for outdoor benches, but a number of other woods are also suitable, such as ipé, redwood, etc".
- (countable) A type of golf club the head of which is frequently made of wood.
- (slang) an erection
- (transitive) To supply or cover with trees.
- He is down in the wooded dell.
- Made of wood.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for wood for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of wood