- An appendage of an animal's (bird, bat, insect) body that enables it to fly.
- (context, slang) Human arm.
- Part of an airplane that produces the lift for rising into the air.
- Part of a building, an extension from the main building
- Part of a huge room. (rfv-sense, Is this right? Could not find any proof. Hekaheka Jul 4, 2007)
- A fraction of a political movement. Usually implies a position apart from the mainstream center position.
- A military air unit, smaller than a division but larger than a group or squadron.
- A panel of a car which encloses the wheel area, especially the front wheels.
- (context, nautical) A platform on either side of the bridge of a vessel, normally found in pairs.
- (context, hockey, football, icehockey) A position in several field games on either side of the field.
Etymology: From víngr.
- (transitive) To injure slightly (as with a gunshot), especially in the arm.
- (intransitive) To fly.
- (intransitive) wing it: To act or speak extemporaneously; to improvise.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for wing for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of wing