- authorization, Authorization or certification; sanction, as given by a superior.
- Something that provides assurance or confirmation; a guarantee or proof: a warrant of authenticity; a warrant for success.
verb (warrants, warranting, warranted)
- He almost gives his failings as a for his greatness (Garry Wills).
- An order that serves as authorization, especially: A voucher authorizing payment or receipt of money.
- A judicial writ authorizing an officer to make a search, seizure, or arrest or to execute a judgment.
- A warrant officer.
- A certificate of appointment given to a warrant officer.
- Justification for an action or a belief; grounds; to guarantee.
- Circumstances arose that warranted the use of lethal force.
- That tree is going to fall, I'll .
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for warrant for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of warrant