Etymology: from the Latin victima, sacrificial animal
- (italbrac, original sense) A living creature which is slain and offered as human or animal sacrifice, usually in a religious rite; by extension, the transfigurated body and blood of Christ in the Eucharist.
- Anyone who is physically harmed by another.
- An aggrieved or disadvantaged party in a crime (e.g. swindle.)
- A person who suffers any other injury, loss, or damage as a result of a voluntary undertaking.
- An unfortunate person who suffers from a disaster or other adverse circumstance.
- Narratology. A character who is conquered or manipulated by a villain.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for victim for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of victim