- (british) A sleeveless garment, often with a low-cut neck, usually worn under a shirt or blouse.
- A sleeveless garment that buttons down the front, worn over a shirt, and often as part of a suit.
- A protective sleeveless garment worn over outer clothing.
- (rfquote-sense) (commonly used of financial arrangements) To become vested, to become permanent.
- My pension vests at the end of the month and then I can take it with me when I quit.
- 2005, Kaye A. Thomas, Consider Your Options, page 104
- :If you doubt that you'll stick around at the company long enough for your options to , you should discount the value for that uncertainty as well.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for vest for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of vest