- Exactly the same; identical.
- He proposed marriage in the same restaurant, at the table where they first met.
- to a great extent or degree
Etymology: verray "true", from verai (Modern French: vrai), from
- You"re very tall.
- true, truly
- He tried his very best.
- It was a very unique experience. (nonstandard)
- veracus, derived from Latin verax "true".
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for very for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of very