verb (understands, understanding, understood)
- To be aware of the meaning of.
- I German.
- I received your note, but I did not it.
- To believe, based on information.
- I that you have information for me.
- To impute meaning, character etc. that is not explicitly stated.
- They each other.
- In this sense, the word is usually used in the past participle:
- In the imperative mood, the word "you" is usually understood.
- To apply values (axioms).
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for understand for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of understand