- The soft light in the sky seen before the rising and (especially) after the setting of the sun, occasioned by the illumination of the earth"s atmosphere by the direct rays of the sun and their reflection on the earth.
- I could just make out her face in the .
- The time when this light is visible; the period between daylight and darkness.
- It was by the time I got back home.
- Any faint light through which something is seen; an in-between or fading condition.
- The twilight of probability. "Locke.
- Pertaining to or resembling twilight
Etymology: From twi- + light; "second light, half-light". Compare Low German twelecht, German Zwielicht.
- O"er the twilight groves and dusky caves. "Pope.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for twilight for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of twilight