verb (tunnels, tunnelling or in American usage tunneling, tunnelled or in American usage tunneled)
- An underground or underwater passage.
- A passage through or under some obstacle.
- A hole in the ground made by an animal, a burrow.
Etymology: From tonnelle (modern: French, tunnel).
- (transitive) To make a tunnel through or under something, to burrow.
- (intransitive) To make a tunnel.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for tunnel for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of tunnel