- Anything that is hollow and cylindrical in shape.
- An approximately cylindrical container, usually with a crimped end and a screw top, used to contain and dispense semi-liquid substances.
- A of toothpaste.
- (London, colloquial) The London Underground railway system, originally referred to the lower level lines that ran in tubular tunnels as opposed to the higher ones which ran in rectangular section tunnels.
- No mate, I am taking the !
- (Australian, slang) A tin can containing beer (or other beverage?)
- 1995, Sue Butler, Lonely Planet Australian Phrasebook: Language Survival Kit
- : Tinnie: a tin of beer " also called a .
- 2002, Andrew Swaffer, Katrina O'Brien, Darroch Donald, Footprint Australia Handbook: The Travel Guide text repeated in Footprint West Coast Australia Handbook (2003)
- : Beer is also available from bottleshops (or bottle-o's') in cases (or 'slabs') of 24-36 cans ("tinnies' or "tubes') or bottles ("stubbies') of 375 ml each.
- 2004, Paul Matthew St. Pierre, Portrait of the Artist as Australian: L'Oeuvre Bizarre de Barry Humphries
- : That Humphries should imply that, in the Foster's ads, Hogan's ocker appropriated McKenzie?'s discourse (specifically the idiom "crack an ice-cold ") reinforces my contention.
- (surfing) A wave which pitches forward when breaking, creating a hollow space inside.
- (US, colloquial) A television. Also, derisively, boob tube.
- Are you just going to sit around all day and watch the ?
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for tube for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of tube