- A collection of people; a company; a number; a multitude.
- (military) a group of soldiers; collectively, an army; now generally used in the plural.
- Specifically, a small body of cavalry, light horse, or dragoons, consisting usually of about sixty men, commanded by a captain; the unit of formation of cavalry, corresponding to the company in infantry.
- (archaic) a company of horse artillery; a battery.
- A company of stageplayers; a troupe.
- A particular roll of the drum
- a unit of girl or boy scouts
- an orderly crowd
- To move in numbers; to come or gather in crowds or troops.
- To march on; to go forward in haste.
- to move or march as if in a crowd; "The children trooped into the room".
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for troop for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of troop