- A drink with three portions of alcohol.
verb (tripl, ing)
- I've had a hard day, make that a .
- A hamburger with three patty, patties.
- I'd like a with cheese.
- (baseball) A three-base hit
- The shortstop hit a to lead off the ninth.
- (curling) A takeout shot in which three stones are removed from play.
- (mathematics) A sequence of three elements; 3-tuple.
- To multiply by three
- The company tripled their earnings per share over last quarter.
- (baseball) To get a three-base hit
- The batter tripled into the gap.
- Made up of three related elements, often matching
Etymology: , from triplus.
- The markings on this vase are quite unique.
- Three times the quantity
- Give me a serving of mashed potatoes.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for triple for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of triple