verb (trifl, ing)
- An English dessert made from a mixture of thick custard, fruit, sponge cake, jelly and whipped cream.
- An insignificant amount.
- A detail or thing of little importance or worth.
- A particular kind of pewter.
- (uncountable) utensils made from this particular kind of pewter.
- See a trifle
- (intransitive) To deal with something as if it were of little importance or worth.
- (intransitive) To act, speak, or otherwise behave with jest.
- (intransitive) To inconsequentially toy with something.
- (transitive) To squander or waste.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for trifle for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of trifle