- The act of travel(l)ing
verb (travels, travelling (Commonwealth), traveling (American), travelled (Commonwealth), traveled (American))
- to Spain
- See: traveler, travel(l)er
- (plural) a series of journeys
- (plural) an account of one's travels
- I"m off on my travels around France again.
- The activity or traffic along a route or through a given point
- The motion of a piece of machinery
- The length of a mechanical stroke
- There was a lot of in the handle, because the tool was out of adjustment.
- (intransitive) To be on a journey, often for pleasure or business and with luggage; to go from one place to another.
Etymology: From word travailler meaning "to trouble, to suffer, or be worn out". See also travail.
- I like to .
- (intransitive) To pass from here to there; to move or transmit; to go from one place to another.
- Soundwaves can through water.
- (context, intransitive, basketball) To move illegally by walking or running without dribbling the ball.
- (transitive) To travel throughout (a place).
- I"ve travelled the world.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for travel for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of travel