- the process of change from one form, state, style or place to another
- a word or phrase connecting one part of a discourse to another
- (music) a brief modulation; a passage connecting two themes
- (genetics) a point mutation in which one base is replaced by another of the same class (purine or pyrimidine); compare transversion
- (some sports) a change from defense to attack, or attack to defense
- (medicine) the onset of the final stage of childbirth
- (context, intransitive, mainly, US) To make a transition
- Noun, transition.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for transition for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of transition