verb (transcrib, ing)
- To make a full written or typewritten copy of something
- (computing) To transfer data from one recording media to another
- (music) To adapt a composition for a voice or instrument other than the original; to notate live or recorded music
- (biology) To cause DNA to undergo transcription
- (linguistics) To represent speech by phonetic symbols
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for transcribe for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of transcribe