verb (trad, ing)
- the commercial exchange (buying and selling on domestic or international markets) of goods and services.
- the collective people who perform a particular kind of skilled work; "he represented the craft of brewers"; "as they say in the ".
- the skilled practice of a practical occupation; "he learned his trade as an apprentice". syn: craft
- a particular instance of buying or selling; "it was a package deal"; "I had no further trade with him"; "he"s a master of the business deal".
- the business given to a commercial establishment by its customers: "even before noon there was a considerable patronage".
- steady winds blowing from east to west above and below the equator; "they rode the trade winds going west".
- engage in the trade of
- be traded at a certain price or under certain conditions; as in stock trade
- to give (something) in exchange for
- Will you trade your precious watch for my earring?
- do business; offer for sale as for one's livelihood
- relating to or used in or intended for trade or commerce; "a trade fair"; "trade journals"; "trade goods".
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for trade for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of trade