- A structure, usually taller than it is wide, often used as a lookout.
verb (towers, towering, towered)
- From the top of the we could see far off into the distance.
- (figuratively) Any item, such as a computer case, that is usually higher than it is wide.
- To be considerably taller than.
Etymology: Old English torr
- The basketball players towered over their fans.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for tower for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of tower