- A fee for using something, esp. of roads and bridges
- Loss or damage incurred through a disaster
- the war has taken its toll on the people
- To make the noise of a bell
- For whom the bell tolls.
- To ring a bell slowly and repeatedly
- To announce by tolling
- The bells tolled the King"s death.
- (legal) To suspend
- The statute of limitations defense was tolled as a result of the defendant, defendant"s wrongful conduct.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for toll for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of toll