- Something or someone serving as an expression of something else.
- A keepsake or souvenir.
- A piece of stamped metal used as a substitute for money.
- (computing) An atomic piece of data (esp. the text of a computer program) for which a meaning may be inferred during parsing. Also called a symbol.
Etymology: Old English tacen, tÄcen, from Germanic
- Done as an indication or a pledge; perfunctory, minimal or merely symbolic
- taiknam. Cognate with Dutch teken, German Zeichen, Swedish tecken.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for token for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of token