noun (wikipedia, Toast (disambiguation), Toast)
- Toasted bread.
- I ate a piece of for breakfast.
- (slang) Something that will be no more; something subject to impending destruction, harm or injury.
- If I ever get my hands on the guy that stole my wallet, he"s !
- A proposed salutation (e.g. to say "cheers") while drinking alcohol.
- At the reception, there were many toasts from the well-wishers.
- (Jamaican and U.S. black slang) extemporaneous narrative poem or rap
- To lightly cook by browning via direct exposure to a fire or other heat source.
- We liked to marshmallows around the campfire.
- To grill, lightly cook by browning specifically under a grill or in a toaster
- Top with cheese and under the grill for a few minutes.
- To engage in a salutation and/or accompanying raising of glasses while drinking alcohol in honor of someone or something.
- We toasted the happy couple many times over the course of the evening.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for toast for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of toast