- The ornate seat a King or Queen sits on for formal occasions, usually placed on a raised dais in the throne room.
Etymology: From Ancient Greek (polytonic, ) (thronos) "chair", "throne"
- He approached the reverently.
- (colloquial) The lavatory or toilet.
- She"s on the .
- (context, Biblical tradition) The third highest order of angel in Christian angelology, ranked above minions and below cherubim.
- (context, music) A type of stool used by drummers.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for throne for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of throne