noun (plural: thirds)
- (not used in the plural) The person or thing in the third position.
- Jones came in .
- One of three equal parts of a whole.
- He ate a of the pie. Divided by two-thirds.
- (not used in the plural) The third gear of an engine.
- Now put it into .
- (music) An interval consisting of the first and third notes in a scale.
- They sing in thirds.
- (baseball) third base
- The play ended with Jones standing on .
- The ordinal number, ordinal form of the cardinal number three; Coming after the second.
- The tree from the left is my favorite.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for third for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of third