verb (thinks, thinking, thought, thought)
- (transitive) to ponder, to go over in one's head
- Idly, the detective thought what his next move should be.
- (intransitive) To communicate to oneself in one's mind, to try to find a solution to a problem.
- I thought for three hours about the problem and still couldn"t find the solution.
- (intransitive) to conceive of something or someone (usually followed by of or on)
- I tend to of her as rather ugly.
- (transitive) To be of the opinion (that).
- I she is pretty, contrary to most people.
- (transitive) To guess; to reckon.
- I she"ll pass the examination.
- (transitive) To consider, judge, regard, or look upon (something) as.
- At the time I thought his adamant refusal to give in right.
- I hope you won"t me stupid if I ask you what that means.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for think for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of think