- (uncountable) An electronic communication medium that allows the transmission of real-time visual images, and often sound.
Etymology: From Greek tele- ("distant") + vision from Latin visio ("vision", "seeing"), noun of action from the perfect passive participle visus ("that which is seen"), from the verb videre ("to see") + action noun suffix -io.
- It"s a good thing that doesn"t transmit smell.
- (countable) A device for receiving television signals and displaying them in visual form.
- I have an old in the study.
- (uncountable) Collectively, the programs broadcast via the medium of television.
- ... fifty-seven channels and nothing on .
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for television for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of television