- A slender wax candle; a small lighted wax candle; hence, a small light.
- A tapering form; gradual diminution of thickness in an elongated object; as, the taper of a spire.
- The legs of the table had a slight to them.
- (transitive) To make thinner or narrower at one end.
- (intransitive) To diminish gradually.
- Regularly narrowed toward the point; becoming small toward one end; as, taper fingers.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for taper for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of taper