- A device used to dispense liquids.
verb (tapp, ing)
- We don't have bottled water, you'll have to get it from the .
- A device used to cut an internal screw thread. (External screw threads are cut with a die.)
- We drilled a hole and then cut the threads with the proper to match the valve's thread.
- A connection made to an electrical or fluid conductor without breaking it.
- The system was barely keeping pressure due to all of the ill advised taps along its length.
- To furnish with taps.
- on tap: To have something available; to open (a keg) with a .
- We have draft beer on tap.
- To access a resource or object.
- When he ran out of money, he decided to into his trust fund.
- To draw off liquid from a vessel
- He tapped a new barrel of beer.
- To place a listening or recording device on a telephone or wired connection
- They can't the phone without a warrant.
- To intercept a communication without authority.
- He was known to Cable TV and satellite dishes.
- (context, mechanical) To cut an internal screw thread.
- Tap an M3 thread all the way through the hole.
- (slang) To have sexual intercourse with.
- I would tap that hot girl over there. or, more informally, I'd tap that
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for tap for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of tap