- A bicycle with two seats, two sets of pedals, and two wheels; a bicycle-built-for-two
- we used to ride this tandem
- An arrangement of two or more objects arranged one behind the other
- driving cars in tandem
Etymology: From Latin tandem "at length", "at last" (of time), from tam "so" + suffix -dem. Sense of bicycles with two seats from w:1884, 1884.
- One behind the other
- ride tandem on a bicycle-built-for-two
- together; working as one
- Their skillful work made the project successful and quick.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for tandem for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of tandem