- The intentional killing of a person by one's own hand, by his or her own hand.
Etymology: Borrowed from suicidaLatin, suÄcÄda < suiLatin, suÄ < suus "one"s own" + -cide.
- In some cultures is regarded as an honorable act under certain circumstances.
- A person who has intentionally killed him/herself.
- Some accounts say that Marilyn Monroe was a ; others disagree.
- (figurative) An action that creates serious difficulty for its performer.
- Admitting that you don't own a boat would be .
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for suicide for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of suicide