noun (wikipedia, stream, stream (river))
- A small river; a large creek; a body of moving water confined by banks
- A thin connected passing of a liquid through a lighter gas (e.g. air)
- He poured the milk in a thin from the jug to the glass.
- Any steady flow or succession of material, such as water, air, radio signal or words
- Her constant nagging was to him a of abuse.
- (science) Umbrella term for all moving waters.
- (computing) A source or repository of data that can be read or written only sequentially.
Etymology: From strÄam.
- (intransitive) To flow in a continuous or steady manner, like a liquid.
- (internet) To push continuous data (e.g. music) from a server to a client computer while it is being used (played) on the client.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for stream for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of stream