noun (plural: streaks)
- An irregular line left from smearing or motion.
verb to streak (streaks, streaked, streaking)
- The picture I took out the car window had streaks.
- A continuous series of like events.
- I hope I can keep up this of accomplishments.
- The color of the powder of a mineral. So called, because a simple field test for a mineral is to streak it against unglazed white porcelain.
- A moth of the family Geometridae Chesias legatella (see w:Streak (moth)).
- A tendency or characteristic, but not a dominant or pervasive one.
- She's a quiet, bookish person, but she has a rebellious .
- to have or obtain streaks;
- If you clean a window in direct sunlight, it will streak.
- (slang) to run naked in public
- It was a pleasant game until some guy went streaking across the field.
- to create streaks
- You will a window by cleaning it in direct sunlight.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for streak for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of streak