adjective (strang, er)
- Not normal; odd, unusual, surprising, out of the ordinary.
- : He thought it that his girlfriend wore shorts in the winter.
- unfamiliar, Unfamiliar, not yet part of one's experience.
- : I moved to a town when I was ten.
- (physics) Having the quantum mechanical property of strangeness.
Etymology: From estrange, from extraneus, a thing outside
- 2004: A quark is electrically charged, carrying an amount -1/3, as does the down quark. " Frank Close, Particle Physics: A Very Short Introduction (Oxford 2004, p. 93)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for strange for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of strange