- (obsolete) treasure, Treasure.
- (obsolete) The blood-vessel in the yolk of an egg.
- (archaic) race, Race; lineage, pedigree.
- A particular breed or race of animal, microbe etc.
- They say this year's flu virus is a particularly virulent .
- hereditary, Hereditary character, quality, or disposition.
- There is a of madness in her family.
- (rare) A kind or sort (of person etc.).
- To exert or struggle (to do something), especially to stretch too far.
- Sitting in back, I strained to hear the speaker.
- To apply a force or forces to
- To tighten the strings of a musical instrument; to uplift one"s voice
- To separate solid from liquid by passing through a strainer or colander
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for strain for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of strain